FIRST EGG!!! FINALLY

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by Impatient, Mar 18, 2018.

1. Impatient

Impatient Songster

Aug 29, 2017
    GA
    So my ladies hatched back in early september and for the last two months I've been eagerly awaiting that first egg, even switched them to layer feed a month ago. I started with 6 and after a hawk attack and terrible winter, I am now down to three so this first egg means even more to me. Not sure who laid it, but I heard a hen singing the "egg song" and rushed out to find this beautiful olive egg:
    IMAG1365~2.jpg
    IMAG1364~2.jpg

For a pullet first egg this thing is HUGE! I think it's from one of my ladies that hatched from blue eggs, Bobbi or Spot (the two white ones):
    IMAG1366~2.jpg

EDIT:
    My ladies are sneaky! I had a feeling and went digging around in the coop and found two more eggs! Definitely one from each pullet!

IMAG1367~2.jpg

Last edited: Mar 18, 2018
  2. Hybridchucks

Hybridchucks Queen Of The Coop

Jul 13, 2016
    Burdsville
    My Coop
    Congrats!!! Its always a great thrill when you get your first egg :wee

3. Lauren Adams

Lauren Adams Songster

Oct 29, 2017
    MI
    Yay!!! I remember when I got my first egg I was SO EXITED so I feel you!! Congratulations! :woot:yesss:

4. Impatient

Impatient Songster

Aug 29, 2017
    GA
    I just can't believe how one egg turned into three! My ladies are sneaky as hell

5. Lauren Adams

Lauren Adams Songster

Oct 29, 2017
    MI
    Haha so are mine!

Impatient likes this.
  6. camochick96

camochick96 Songster

Apr 27, 2017
    North TX
    The first eggs from pullets are so exciting! :wee

Better Than Rubies and Impatient like this.
  7. oregonkat

oregonkat Crowing

Oct 5, 2012
    Southern Oregon
    You've got some beautiful green eggs there! Congratulations!

8. May I ask what breed your white hens are? They are beautiful and I love their egg color :)

9. ChickenCrazyAnnie

ChickenCrazyAnnie In the Brooder

Feb 11, 2018
    Hampshire UK
    Congratulations!! They are big eggs - well done the girls!

Impatient likes this.
  10. Impatient

Impatient Songster

Aug 29, 2017
    GA
    They're just mutt chickens I hatched from eggs from a friends backyard flock. She has a mix of EEs, silver laced wyandottes and Black copper marans. I believe the white hens came from EE hens with two different roos. One had a wyandotte sire and the other a marans sire. I think this because my friend has feather footed marans and Bobbi is feather footed where as Spot is not. Blue (the not white chicken) hatched from a marans egg and had the wyandotte as a sire since she has lacing in her feathers, she's definitely the pink egg. I think Spot is the mint green and Bobbi is the olive, both hatched from sky blue eggs.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: