First Egg! Happy Dance!!

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by AUChickenGal, Feb 23, 2017.

1. AUChickenGal

AUChickenGal Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 15, 2016
    AL
    My pullets are 21 weeks and 3 days old today. They've all been showing a lot of comb and wattle development recently, and on Sunday one of the Easter Eggers, Ethel, starting squatting - HARD! - for me, whereas before she wanted nothing to do with me. I've also noticed her spending a lot of time in the nest boxes and rearranging the hay in them over the last few days, so I knew an egg was coming soon. I was still surprised today when I was straightening up the nest boxes and realized that there was a tiny little blue-green egg in there beside the three ceramic eggs! I did a silly little happy dance right there beside the coop - it's a good thing the neighbors couldn't see me. [​IMG]

I can't wait for the other four pullets to start laying, too!

[​IMG]

2. oldhenlikesdogs

oldhenlikesdogs Lots of Chickens Premium Member

Jul 16, 2015
    central Wisconsin
    Congratulations, eggs are always fun to find no matter how many times I find them, and first eggs are always extra exciting.

1 person likes this.
  3. Egg - Static

Egg - Static Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 17, 2016
    Mississippi
    Good for you! All people keeping chickens enjoy their first egg! Tell your girls good job for me!

1 person likes this.
  4. AUChickenGal

AUChickenGal Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 15, 2016
    AL
    Ethel definitely got extra treats tonight. Now it's a waiting game to see who will start laying next...

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by