First egg, they are all grown up

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by harveyhorses, Aug 9, 2010.

1. harveyhorses

harveyhorses Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 16, 2010
    So I have my first egg, I am so happy, but will the girls still love me? Will they still come gallumphing across the yard to me? Now that they are all grown up, do they need me?[​IMG]

YEAH EGGS!
    [​IMG]

2. chics in the sun

chics in the sun Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 1, 2010
    St.Petersburg
    I have found mine to be much easier to pick up and handle now that they are laying. They just squat down, and aren't so flighty and skiddish.

Is that a little toddler potty in your coop?!

Last edited: Aug 9, 2010
  3. cow_girl

cow_girl Out Of The Brooder

Apr 7, 2010
    Ontario
    congrats!!... I got my first egg this morning too!!.. a tiny little thing... then when I went back to change the water there was a second egg, twice the size of the first one!!... they do grow up fast eh!!! ... [​IMG] I cant wait for more!!! ive never been so giddy and excited over something like this hahahah [​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 9, 2010
  4. Happy Chooks

Happy Chooks Moderator Staff Member

Jul 9, 2009
    Northern CA
    My Coop
    Congrats!

5. flgardengirl

flgardengirl Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 2, 2009
    Sunny side up :)
    Congratulations! Of course they still need you...they need food and lovin!

6. harveyhorses

harveyhorses Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 16, 2010
    Thanks ya'l.
    The object next to the egg was SUPPOSED to be the next box, she was in it for a little while, but I can't say that I blame her, the temp here is hot and muggy, so she went for comfort.
    I knew you all would understand the giddy feeling. I am just so proud. And they are all so well behaved. Well except for Fiona when she goes for a raisin, I think her depth perception is off. [​IMG]
    I just want to go watch them and forget about work. But I will go on in.....

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by