1. Come check out hundreds of awesome coop pages (and a few that need suggestions) in our 2018 Coop Rating Project!

First egg today

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by burntmuch, Jul 30, 2010.

1. burntmuch

burntmuch In the Brooder

Apr 6, 2010
    Montrose MI
    Got my first egg today. Was working in the yard about 9am. The chickens were out in the yard. Went into the barn for tools. Decided to check the hen boxes. Interupted one of my 17 week old ISA Browns. She cackled a bit & wondered into the run, but didnt leave. So I decided to give her some space. Got what I needed out of the barn & went back to work. After about 10 min or so, she went back into the coop. I let her be. I watched her come out 10 min later or so. Went & checked . Found a perfect little brown egg. Still warm. A little on the small side , but pretty good, for her first egg. Took it in the house to show mama. She Says perfect , I need one more egg for zucchinni bread. . She used it. She said it looked good.

2. kulangi

kulangi Songster

Jul 8, 2010
    Congrats..Must have been really exciting.

3. mgw

mgw Songster

May 29, 2010
    Eastern Wa.
    congrats on first egg, you must be very happy & proud, we got our 1st egg yesterday and are very egg cited.[​IMG]

4. fldiver97

fldiver97 Songster

Aug 5, 2009
    Middleton, WI
    [​IMG]

5. Stevo

Stevo Songster

Apr 14, 2010
    Howell, NJ
    Congratulations! I am waiting for mine any day now.

6. burntmuch

burntmuch In the Brooder

Apr 6, 2010
    Montrose MI
    Got number 2 today. SWEEEEET

7. dee88

dee88 Chirping

Jun 26, 2010
    Texas
    [​IMG] Congratulations!!! My 5 pullets are about 15 wks. old and I can't wait till I get my 1st egg. I'm starting to see red in their faces/combs. Do you feed yours oyster shells, and if so, when did you start it?

8. burntmuch

burntmuch In the Brooder

Apr 6, 2010
    Montrose MI
    No oyster shells yet. Just 16% layer feed & a scoop of corn every day. Plus the freerange everyday.

9. Congrats! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by