1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

First Egg Today!

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by wiss0023, Sep 9, 2010.

1. wiss0023

wiss0023 Out Of The Brooder

Aug 1, 2010
    Wisconsin
    We got our first egg today . . . I found it while cleaning out the coop, right before my son stepped off the bus . . . it was like Christmas morning!
    THE EGG:
    [​IMG]
    THE PRETTY LADY THAT DID IT! Hattie, a crowd favorite [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Boo-Boo's Mama

Boo-Boo's Mama Chillin' With My Peeps

[​IMG] Congrats.

Lovely lady and great egg!

3. ondreeuh

ondreeuh Out Of The Brooder

Jun 9, 2010
    Aw, lucky! I'm getting excited for my pullets to start laying. One of them looks to be pretty darn close so I keep checking.

4. FallFlightFarm

FallFlightFarm Out Of The Brooder

Sep 4, 2010
    Wiss0023- where are you in WI? I am in Appleton, and found my first egg today!! (not that it has anything to do with being in WI, I was just curious [​IMG] )
    Congrats, and here's to many more!! [​IMG]

5. Ruth Ann

Ruth Ann Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 13, 2010
    South Carolina
    [​IMG]
    Makes for a happy day [​IMG]

6. chickfamilyonsleepyhollow

chickfamilyonsleepyhollow Chillin' With My Peeps

[​IMG] Congrats on your first egg - great pix [​IMG] May you be blessed with an abundance in the days to come [​IMG] Our girls have been laying since August 22nd and we still get excited when we find an egg [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

7. LedgeWoods

LedgeWoods Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 18, 2010
    Midwest
    Awesome little egg! [​IMG] Hoping my BAs start soon too! My RIRs have been laying for about a month and my buffs are just starting. The BA's and EE's are squatting lie crazy so it's got to be soon! (maybe my ba's are laying - I just don't catch them in the act??) They are all goin on 22 weeks ( btw...East of Appleton here). How old is your BA??

8. wiss0023

Aug 1, 2010
    Wisconsin
    Quote:Sparta WI . . . near LaCrosse, maybe it is something in the weather [​IMG] Good to hear from you neighbor!

9. wiss0023

Aug 1, 2010
    Wisconsin
    Thanks everyone! Good luck to those waiting! I can't wait to check the coop tomorrow!

10. ZombieChickens

ZombieChickens Chillin' With My Peeps

Yay for first eggs! Our girls just started laying last week (we have 6) and today was our first 3-egg-day!!!!!!!!!!!!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by