1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

First Egg!!! WOOT!!!

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by newchickenfamily, Oct 7, 2008.

1. newchickenfamily

newchickenfamily Chillin' With My Peeps

Ok, I know all you pros are sick of seeing this topic posted, BUT I GOT MY FIRST EGG!!!! Perfect little pullet egg. Not sure who laid it, but I am thrilled! My impatience has finally paid off! :eek: RIR, Buff Orp & Black Star are 22.5 weeks old. If I can find the patience, I will try to post a photo in the first egg thread!!

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

2. redoak

redoak Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 27, 2008
    Russia, NY
    Congrats on your first egg [​IMG]

3. ChandlersChickens

ChandlersChickens Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 8, 2008
    Delphos, OH
    Very cool! Congrats! I'm still waiting...but my EE is just 20 weeks. It's like watching water boil...[​IMG]

4. thewobsers

thewobsers Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 20, 2008
    near toledo ohio
    Wahhh HOOOOO!
    isnt a great feeling?! mine started laying about a week now, it was just one RIR now a barred rock is starting up.
    Congrats to you and who could be tired of good news anyhow???

5. cravenchicken

cravenchicken Out Of The Brooder

Oct 7, 2008
    I cant wait till I get my first egg to bad you cant frame it like they do them first dollar bills in stores.. Maybe you can blow the yolk and white out and save the shell [​IMG]

6. cackle

cackle Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 8, 2008
    North Carolina
    [​IMG]

Isn't it wonderful. I still feel like a 5 year old on Christmas morning everytime I find eggs in the nest. [​IMG]

7. Goat_Walker

Goat_Walker I Am THE Crazy Duck Lady

Jul 9, 2008
    Maryland
    Congrats! My little female duck laid her first egg about a month ago, Ended up laying 18, sadly , only one hatched, but this little duckling is such a joy! At 3 weeks old, she is spending her first night outside [​IMG] But Mama has already laid eight more eggs, lol.
    Again, CONGRATS! I know it is just such an awesome feeling when you see it/ feel it.

8. Mahonri

Mahonri Urban Desert Chicken Enthusiast Premium Member

May 14, 2008
    North Phoenix
    My Coop
    Ain't it grand?

I'm at 24 weeks with my EEs and still no eggs from them.[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 7, 2008
  9. pokachix

pokachix Out Of The Brooder

Jul 5, 2008
    Buckley WA
    YAYS! Isn't it exciting? I got my first blue EE this week. I think one of the 4 EE's lays pinkish eggs, they look brown till you put it right next to a brown egg, then it looks lavender/pinkish! Enjoy your fresy tasty non-anemic eggs!! J

10. newchickenfamily

newchickenfamily Chillin' With My Peeps

Thanks for sharing in my excitement guys! I'm still feeling like this... [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by