First EGG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YAHOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by chickenpredatorkiller, Sep 20, 2011.

1. chickenpredatorkiller

chickenpredatorkiller Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 1, 2011
    South Carolina
    I FINALLY got my first egg today. It is brown and very small. An obvious pullet egg. But it was Sooo perfect. It is light brown and small, but no obvious flaws are apparent. I'll try to post a pic tomorrow.

2. GA_in_GA

GA_in_GA Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 2, 2011
    Southwest Georgia
    [​IMG]

3. yinzerchick

yinzerchick Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 13, 2011
    E.Texas
    [​IMG] Yay!!

4. emmak

emmak Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 29, 2010
    North Central Texas
    Yaaahooo! It took us a while to get a flock of hens who produce beautiful eggs every day. Best wishes for you!

5. bandolierbabe

bandolierbabe Out Of The Brooder

Sep 18, 2011
    Missouri
    Mine just started laying too. I love going out to the coop and finding prizes!

6. ThinkingChickens

ThinkingChickens Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 18, 2011
    Hooray, that's so fun! So, what did you make with it?

7. binders

binders Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 4, 2011
    Congrats! Can't wait to see the picture. I still have several weeks to wait. [​IMG]

8. MOChickenz

MOChickenz Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 10, 2010
    Missouri
    [​IMG]: woohoo!

9. chickenpredatorkiller

chickenpredatorkiller Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 1, 2011
    South Carolina
    Hooray, that's so fun! So, what did you make with it?

Welllllll about that. It is so precious to me that I havn't done anything with it. I was thinking about blowing the yolk out (by poking little holes in the top and bottom and blowing in one until the yolk comes out) and then keeping the shell but I am not sure... Pic coming soon.​

10. gryeyes

gryeyes Covered in Pet Hair & Feathers

Quote:Welllllll about that. It is so precious to me that I havn't done anything with it. I was thinking about blowing the yolk out (by poking little holes in the top and bottom and blowing in one until the yolk comes out) and then keeping the shell but I am not sure... Pic coming soon.

I did that with every "first egg" from my pullets, before I had bantam breeds in the flock. Now I get banty eggs AND "pullet" eggs, so I can't always tell if an egg is a layer's first egg. (Having more than 20 layers does complicate knowing who laid which egg!)

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by