First EGG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YAHOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

chickenpredatorkiller

Chirping
8 Years
Aug 1, 2011
South Carolina
I FINALLY got my first egg today. It is brown and very small. An obvious pullet egg. But it was Sooo perfect. It is light brown and small, but no obvious flaws are apparent. I'll try to post a pic tomorrow.

ya.gif

Hooray, that's so fun! So, what did you make with it?

Welllllll about that. It is so precious to me that I havn't done anything with it. I was thinking about blowing the yolk out (by poking little holes in the top and bottom and blowing in one until the yolk comes out) and then keeping the shell but I am not sure... Pic coming soon.​

Quote:
Welllllll about that. It is so precious to me that I havn't done anything with it. I was thinking about blowing the yolk out (by poking little holes in the top and bottom and blowing in one until the yolk comes out) and then keeping the shell but I am not sure... Pic coming soon.

I did that with every "first egg" from my pullets, before I had bantam breeds in the flock. Now I get banty eggs AND "pullet" eggs, so I can't always tell if an egg is a layer's first egg. (Having more than 20 layers does complicate knowing who laid which egg!)

Back
Top Bottom