First egg YAY! (pics)

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by RlgNorth, Sep 5, 2009.

1. RlgNorth

RlgNorth Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 18, 2009
    North Pole, ALASKA
    kindof funny how it happened. I had heard the egg song but had to go to the store and while I was gone DH tryed to play trick on me and put 3 white store bought eggs in the nest box I thought I saw an egg and went running to realize what he has done( we have no white egg layers ) haha. Well joke was over and we desided to leave the eggs there just to see if it would incourage them and it DID NO joke like 10 min later one of my Buff went in there and layed her first EGG right with the white ones. I just jumped for joy and called everyone I knew hehe. They all think I am nutz now.

Is it ok to eat?
    the shell is nice and hard!! She did awsome JOB now one down 20 more chickens to start laying [​IMG][​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. chseeads

chseeads Chillin' With My Peeps

May 28, 2009
    Bloomington, Indiana
    Yeah, you can eat it. [​IMG]

3. Beau coop

Beau coop Chillin' With My Peeps

May 19, 2008
    WNY
    The first egg is so exciting! Congrats! Of course it's safe to eat- all your hard work paid off and you get to eat the spoils.

My family and I did this with our first egg:

We cooked up a store bought egg and our girl's egg in exactly the same fashion and then did a visual comparision follwed by a taste test.

We ALL were in agreement on which was better! Hummmmm...I wonder who the winner was? [​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 5, 2009
  4. Chicken Rustler

Chicken Rustler Grabs em n runs

Congrats on yer first egg. We were also so eggscited when we got our first. And every day is eggsciting when we gather hoping for a perfect 15 from 15 day. So far the best we have done is 14 from 15 + a perfect cute little egg from my OEGB pullet every day.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by