1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    Not a member yet? join BYC here & then introduce yourself in our community forum here.

First egg yesterday!

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by brittany4, Jul 30, 2014.

1. brittany4

brittany4 In the Brooder

Mar 21, 2014
    Well went out to check for any eggs bc one of our hens had began making a nest and sure enough there was a clean blue egg! our EE is the first to lay went back out today and sure enough she layed again they are small im guessing bc they are her first ones but the second one was a tiny bit bigger so shes regular. I cant wait to see how our bantams eggs turn out. The bantams faces are starting to turn more pink so im sure it will be soon.

2. austintxchick

austintxchick Chirping

May 25, 2014
    How old is she?

3. ChickenLover172

ChickenLover172 In the Brooder

Jul 2, 2014
    North Carolina
    Congradulations on the new egg!:clap and :welcome

4. brittany4

brittany4 In the Brooder

Mar 21, 2014
    Im not really for sure bc we got her from a friend who needed to down size she said she was an americana, she has the pea comb and blue legs and feather pattern of one as well but no muffs so i call her an EE. i was told they got her around easter time.

5. brittany4

brittany4 In the Brooder

Mar 21, 2014
    I will call my friend and ask her if she remembers and will let you know.

6. brittany4

brittany4 In the Brooder

Mar 21, 2014
    she said they got them March 16th from a rural king so im guessing they were no older then a week old when she got them.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: