First egg - YIPEEEEE

Wildsky

Wild Egg!
12 Years
Oct 13, 2007
California
(OK, we found what we think is a first egg from our standards.... (22 weeks old)
(I'll take a pic in a few)

The egg was broken, thin shell and looks like BEAK holes in it.!
rant.gif

Why would the shell be thin? My bantams eating the same food have really tough shelled eggs. Is it just because its a first?
Also there was a big knot/bump of shell on one side, looks like my girl had to tie the egg in a knot
gig.gif
OK not exactly - I don't know if it will come out clear in a pic.

How do I figure out who laid it?
The one I thought would be first, would lay a white egg, and this was NOT white.
I have 6 other possibles. Two EE's - their combs are still very tiny. Two BO's with also very tiny and pale comb's. Two RIR - seem to be the best suspects in this case, they have combs slightly larger than the others, and a bit darker....

I'm going to take a pic in a few, I did pull the egg apart slightly to let the yolk and such fall out (to compare with the bantam eggs as well) the yolk is bigger than in the bantam eggs, and the egg itself is slightly bigger - and slightly darker.

But anyway
wee.gif
wee.gif
wee.gif

Last edited:
lol.png
It was laid today............. I think its a first egg from one of our standards, and I'm hoping it is deformed like that becuase its a first egg....
Hoping someone will confirm that for me.

Looks like the poor girl laid it, tied it in a knot and left it there, the egg was broken, looked like someone pecked it - it was right in a back corner of the next box, so someone was probably pushing it around.

Quote:
gig.gif
Wood shavings!

th.gif
i thought something was direly wrong with your poor little hen!

gig.gif

I picked it up as it was and put it in the bowl, it was all sticky and the shavings just came along for the ride....
gig.gif

Back
Top Bottom