First egg

RDNX

In the Brooder
Jun 23, 2016
Michigan
We got our first egg today. This is my first time raising chickens. I grew up with cows and horses so this is a new area. So far the chickens are funny little creatures

Hi :welcome

Glad you could join us here! Congratulations on your first egg :clap It sure is exciting finding those little treasures in the nest box! When I found my first one I was overly excited and went running in to the house with it like I'd never seen an egg before!
Chickens sure are funny little creatures that have great personalities and are so fun to watch.

Wishing you the very best of luck and enjoy BYC :frow

frow.gif
and
welcome-byc.gif

@RDNX finding the first egg as Yorkshire Coop said is very excited and you find yourself jumping for joy as you run to the house. I am happy you joined us here at BYC and I would like to welcome you to our roost! Here at BYC you are free to wonder the forums and ask as many questions as you wish. Chickens are definitely funny creatures especially when you go to their coop bawking and they look up like are you here to feed us lol. I hope you enjoy it here at BYC and the best place for you is the Learning Center which has a bunch of updated articles for chicken raisers. Also if you ever wanna post updates and pictures of you and your flock I will leave that link to...
https://www.backyardchickens.com/atype/1/Learning_Center
https://www.backyardchickens.com/f/40/family-life-stories-pictures-updates

I hope you and your flock are doing well and I wish you the best of luck!
Justin
thumbsup.gif

Every morning I get yelled at by the chickens if I don't let them out of the coop by 7:30 am. It's funny watching them all come out staring at me and bawking about what I can only assume is anger for not being allowed to run free as soon as the sun comes up

Hi and welcome to BYC - congrats on your first egg - the thrill never goes away.

All the best
CT

Back
Top Bottom