FIRST EGG!!!!

NancyNurseCxMama

Songster
Jun 1, 2017
Hudson Valley, NY
I didn't see who did it but I'm pretty sure it's courtesy of our lovely BO Miss Jody---she's been squatting for a while and all of a sudden her comb and wattles have gotten very plump and red.
She also was three fingers on the pelvic bone check this week.
Did it in the nest box too---good girl!!!
Such a pretty egg!
FIRST EGG---JODY.jpg

congrats!! The first egg is always something very special.
now it's an easter egg hunt every day for my free ranging hens, but I first check the coop:cool:

I'm still impatiently waiting for my first from my lazy 25 weekers, wah! Trying hard not to be jealous, but that egg is so pretty! How old is she?

I'm still impatiently waiting for my first from my lazy 25 weekers, wah! Trying hard not to be jealous, but that egg is so pretty! How old is she?

She is about 22 weeks old. What kind of chickens do you have?
I wasn't getting my hopes up too much because I had heard so much about shell-less first eggs and that kind of stuff.
But it's so pretty.
Of course, I am a bit biased. :love

It's silly how excited I was, lol. :celebrate:frow:clap:highfive::yesss::thumbsup:love :ya :hugs
:wee
Hahaha, that's like every emoji, lol!!!! That's totally how I would be! My oldest girls are 3 Silkies, a Millie Fleur D'Uccles, and a bantam Cochin. The MFD and Cochin are nice and red and plump, but no eggs! I have 3 Cemanis that are about 22 weeks, still no eggs...

Back
Top Bottom