First Egg!!!

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by Heidi, Aug 1, 2007.

1. Heidi

Heidi Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 18, 2007
    Northwest Michigan
    Finally - at 21 weeks and 1 day I received my 1st egg. Not for sure if it was from an austrolorp, a buff, or a barred rock - but who cares.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. schmoo

schmoo Chillin' With My Peeps

May 7, 2007
    West MI.
    YIPEE! Way to go chicken! Mine are only 12 weeks but I can't wait! I found someone down the street who was selling eggs for $1.25 [​IMG]
    so I'll be going there until my lucky day comes!

A little off topic but, how are your Cochins doing? Have they joined the flock yet? [​IMG]

3. Heidi

Mar 18, 2007
    Northwest Michigan
    They are beautiful. I'll have to send you an updated picture - can't right now cause I'm at work. They haven't joined the flock cause I switched my others over to layer feed. So I will have to wait until the end of August before they can join the others. I don't want to damage them from the calcium in the layer feed. The roo is sooooo sweet. I set him on my lap in the main chicken yard and all the pullets gather around my feet making sounds. Don't know if that's bad or good. Guess I will find out the end of August. He's the same size as them now.

4. schmoo

schmoo Chillin' With My Peeps

May 7, 2007
    West MI.
    [​IMG] awesome! I bet next year you will have baby cochins running around! Did you eat the egg yet? Or are you saving it in hopes of a 2 egg meal?!

5. Motherhenandflock

Motherhenandflock Chillin' With My Peeps

May 17, 2007
    Southeast Idaho
    :yiipchickThat is a great egg! Congrats!

6. MayberrySaint

MayberrySaint Chillin' Out

Mar 7, 2007
    Mount Airy, NC
    [​IMG]

Congrats...I got my first on Monday and the second yesterday. They are cute little eggs aren't they?

7. Heidi

Mar 18, 2007
    Northwest Michigan
    Thanks! Yes, they are very cute. My son already has dibbs on it. Guess we are eating breakfast for dinner tonight. We do that once a week anyways. Something about breakfast that has all meals beat - except Thanksgiving.

Last edited: Aug 1, 2007

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by