First Egg!!!

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by Scrambled Egg, Nov 11, 2007.

1. Scrambled Egg

Scrambled Egg Flock Mistress

Aug 29, 2007
    Fayetteville, NC
    I am sooooo proud!!! I think it was Rosey, she has been very loud lately, making alot of cackling noises and they are all doing that crouching chicken, foot tapping thingy whenI pet them. It was a normal sized, perfect shaped, single yoked (yep, already mixed in a big bowl of potato salad, haha!)brown egg. I have been just beaming since I found it about 10 this morning!!! Yeah!!! I feel like I can join the club now, not just hang around the front door and wonder what it's like! Very, very kewl!!!!!!!!!!![​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 11, 2007
  2. pattycake

pattycake Chillin' With My Peeps

May 7, 2007
    fingerlakes, ny
    Congrats! Isn't it fun?!

How old is she? I'm curious how many chickens start laying "on time" in the fall. A couple of my chickens started by 22 weeks, but the rest of them aren't crouching or anything. [​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 11, 2007
  3. Scrambled Egg

Aug 29, 2007
    Fayetteville, NC
    It was one of my Dominiques (my RIR's are much younger) and they are all about 28 weeks old. I am so proud!!! How silly, but it really feels like a kid that has done something really great!! [​IMG]

4. mdbucks

mdbucks Cooped Up

Jul 14, 2007
    EXIT 109 on 95
  5. Wildsky

Wildsky Wild Egg!

Oct 13, 2007
    California
    MDBucks - the egg already found its way into a salad.....

I would've thought it would have been scrambled!

CONGRATULATIONS - I'm waiting for my third today, my girl seems to be laying every three days!

6. Farmer Kitty

Farmer Kitty Flock Mistress

Sep 18, 2007
    Wisconsin
    Congratulations! The first one is very exciting. [​IMG]

7. Scrambled Egg

Aug 29, 2007
    Fayetteville, NC
    It went into my potato salad and it was great! I was afraid to get too excited about it at first because I thought my husband was playing a joke on me and put an egg in the nesting box!! I finally believed he didn't do it--hard though because he was laughing so much!! Really kewl though!! Thanks ya'll!!

8. nccountrygirl

nccountrygirl Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 31, 2007
    Sanford N.C.
    Darlene, congratulations on your egg. I can't wait for the rest of mine to start laying it should be any WEEK now. [​IMG]

9. joanm

joanm Chillin' With My Peeps

May 13, 2007
    How eggciting!!! [​IMG]

10. Scrambled Egg

Aug 29, 2007
    Fayetteville, NC
    Thank ya'll for the well wishes!! Come share my potato salad with my new egg in it --there's plenty!!!

"If wishes were horses beggars would ride and if frogs had wings they wouldn't bump their butts. Ann Taylor Bell - my mom" Laura (NCCountrygirl) if your mom quoted this, she is awesome! What a whimsical thing to come up with!!!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by