1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

First Egg!

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by CocoNUT, Sep 8, 2009.

1. CocoNUT

CocoNUT Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 15, 2009
    Well...after I'd pretty much given up on when I was EVER going to see my FIRST egg from my 4 little girls...(past 22 weeks already)....I went out to give them some bell peppers and lo and behold...I had not one...not two....but FIVE eggs waiting for me!!! They were SOOOOO cooooool! I'm SOOO eggcited! I think they're all from the same 'culprit'...but no one is fessing up!!! I'm SOOO egg-cited! Anyways...just thought I'd share my egg-citement about my 5 NEW eggs! My 5 1/2 year old DEMANDED some eggs for her supper tonight so I gave her two. She LOVED them!!!

Here we go.....

2. M To The Maxx

M To The Maxx Baseball+Girls=Life

Jul 24, 2009
    Lutz,FL
    Congrats!!!

3. fldiver97

fldiver97 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 5, 2009
    Middleton, WI
    [​IMG] congrats....Did they all lay the same day ? [​IMG]

4. NotTheMomma

NotTheMomma Chillin' With My Peeps

[​IMG] Congrats!!! [​IMG]

5. Jen4

Jen4 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 7, 2008
    Munfordville, KY
    Wow... thats great! Congratulations

6. cnj-tx50

cnj-tx50 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 19, 2009
    North of Dallas, TX
    Wow!!! Nice sandwich!!![​IMG]

7. CocoNUT

CocoNUT Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 15, 2009
    Nope...I'm thinking it was my Blueberry. My blue & tan orpington pullet. I'm also thinkin those eggs had been there a day or two and I just didn't notice them....they were RIGHT by the door to their run....not somewhere I normally 'check' if you know what I mean! She apparently only lays 'after lunch' since I checked about 20 times today and nothing until about 1 PM. I'm really stoaked cause the shells on those eggs are pretty solid...meaning she's getting enough calcium!
    I'm making sure to give them extra nutritious treats now too! They LOVE cucumbers...so I might just have to visit the farmer's market tomorrow since my cucumbers are pretty much done for the season now. Spoilt little chickies!!!

I'm also thinkin my silkies might be starting. Blueberry had gotten REALLY noisey about a week ago...before the whole egg thing started. For the past two days...one of my silkies has gotten REALLY noisey too. Not crowing...squawking! So I'm encouraging MORE egglaying!!! LOL!
    t the
    Good luck to the rest of you who are still waiting. It WILL happen!!! Now if I could just get the other freeloaders to pony up with the eggs!!! lol

8. Hangin Wit My Peeps

Hangin Wit My Peeps AutumnBreezeChickens.com

[​IMG] Congrats!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by