first egg!

ok thanks! so the girl who laid is a sort of fast developer although i'm not exactly sure how old she is she definitely looks older than the other girls even though I know they're the same age. when should I be expecting eggs from the others? Also she laid her first egg behind the bamboo bed because we didn't have the nesting box filled with hay, should I expect to find the next one in the box or behind the bamboo? thanks!

Your other hens should start to lay very soon! And just check both spots for their eggs!
wink.png

I was wondering that too! I have 6 chickens and got 5 eggs over a period of 4 days about 10 days ago. I've had no eggs in the last 5 days or so. I wondered if it was the heat or if they lay rather sporadically at first.

Thanks! Now that I have my chickens I don't know how I ever lived without them! I love this site too.
smile.png

I found my missing eggs this morning! I had thought that since the first eggs had been laid in the nesting box that they would lay ALL their eggs there. Duh. There was a nest of eggs under some bushes near a stump. 11 of them! One of the ladies ran straight to the nest to lay an egg as soon as I let them out of the pen. My question now is are those eggs ok? It has been in the upper 80's low 90's and humid for about a week. One of the eggs was really warm so I figure that one was newly laid but I'm not sure about the others.

Back
Top Bottom