First Eggs at 4 months!

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by nikiandalex, Aug 17, 2013.

1. nikiandalex

nikiandalex Out Of The Brooder

May 14, 2013
    Today we noticed our first eggs! And our Red Stars are only 4 months old. We thought we had a couple more months at least. Guess we need to get those nesting boxes ready. Although, it appears they didn't mind the far corner of the coop!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. my sunwolf

my sunwolf Chillin' With My Peeps

Congrats! Nice big eggs for their first eggs as well. Red sex links do tend to start around 16 weeks if all goes well. Enjoy [​IMG]

3. Wyandottes7

Wyandottes7 Overrun With Chickens

Jul 24, 2013
    Wow! Thats really early! You should get lots more of those nice brown eggs in the future. I know someone who has Red Stars, and her bird has only skipped on day since starting to lay last fall.

4. nikiandalex

nikiandalex Out Of The Brooder

May 14, 2013
    Thanks! This is our first flock. Ironically, as we got them for the eggs, I'm a bit hesitant to eat them. It's like an invasion of their privacy or something...lol...or like I'm stealing them without their consent. I had noticed they started bawlking a lot louder over the past couple of days. Every time I'd run out to make sure they were okay, but I guess they were just laying. So fun!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by