First eggs from white leghorns

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by RectorsRoost, Oct 27, 2015.

1. RectorsRoost

RectorsRoost New Egg

Sep 30, 2015
    Got my first two eggs from my two whities today they were born on 6/1. Both Kaye's their first egg on the same day. Both layed in the nesting box. First white eggs to ever get. Got plenty brown layers. Was pretty excited.

1 person likes this.
  2. Oglan

Oglan Out Of The Brooder

Oct 18, 2015
    New Hampshire
    Congrats!!! I currently have all brown layers, never tried any other birds.

3. RectorsRoost

RectorsRoost New Egg

Sep 30, 2015
    I ordered a random order and got all kinds of pullets. Normally have just barred rocks and red stars. I am really liking these white leghorns. They are very personable. Also got a buff Orpington and buff brahma the same time and like both of them as well. I am pretty sure they have both layed but can't tell a difference in their eggs and my other brown layers.

4. wildcrafted

wildcrafted Out Of The Brooder

Mar 1, 2014
    Yay for first eggs! My leghorn was born June 2nd (22 weeks)- same age as yours and just laid her first little white egg today. [​IMG]

5. Jujubara

Jujubara Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 29, 2015
    Western Mass

Congrats! We have leghorns as well. Love them. Our white gives us an egg a day, when she is laying. And she is super friendly!

6. tmarsh83

tmarsh83 Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 16, 2015
    NEIN
    Currently only one of my two birds is laying, and she is a leghorn. First egg 9/13, hatched 5/1, and has laid every day since 10/7.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by