First eggs! Woohoo!!

Brassmaster

In the Brooder
10 Years
Feb 26, 2009
Wayne County, Ohio
My 19 week old Khaki Campbell ducks surprised me Tuesday by laying their first eggs. Not only did I get one, but two!

23771_p9020080.jpg

Here they are beside some of our chicken eggs. I was a bit surprised because a lot of people have said that they would not lay until 22-24 weeks. I guess it is better early than late.

Wow, that IS early!

I'll tell you a little secret.. our family LOVES to eat our duck eggs!

Congratulations on your find, and when they begin piling up, give them a try.

Claudia

I am on egg watch for my buff/khaki mutt. She just hit 20 weeks yesterday. I have another 4 weeks before the welsh harlequin girls hit 20.

:::tap tap tap tap tap tap:::

Wifezilla, is one of us counting wrong because I got my ducklings on May 5th and I'm pretty sure you got yours after me...Wouldn't 20 weeks (5 months) from my date be Oct. 5

Or did you get your ducks at the same time as me

Ducks (Campbells, esp.) can lay FROM 17 -24 WEEKS OF AGE. But one really should NOT push them into laying (not sure how one would do that anyway!!) BEFORE 18 - 20 weeks.

One of my 11 girls began laying last week, just shy of turning 19 weeks.

She has--interestingly--been laying EVERY OTHER DAY since this past Friday, Aug. 28.

Fri.... Sun.... Tues.......yes, and again this am (Thurs.)

Peace

Wifezilla, is one of us counting wrong because I got my ducklings on May 5th and I'm pretty sure you got yours after me...Wouldn't 20 weeks (5 months) from my date be Oct. 5

I got my Welsh Harlequins May 13th. 20 Wednesdays later is Sept 30th. Of course, they most likely wont lay until some time in October. Cetawin got her ducks around the same time as us and one of her over-achievers already laid an egg!

I hatched out Uno about a month before I bought the WH girls.​

Back
Top Bottom