First eggs!!!!

atravers

Chirping
Apr 18, 2015
On December 1st, my girls Heads (Plymouth Rock) and Toes (Light Brahma) laid their first eggs! The older hens have stopped laying eggs so when I heard the unmistakable noise coming from the coop, I knew it could only be one thing! It's the little moments in life that make me so happy.

Congrats on your first eggs!
clap.gif
It is so much fun to get the first eggs from your new birds :)! I have to say that I love there names!
thumbsup.gif

Thank you! The kids named four of them Head, Shoulders, Knees and Toes. There's also Hazel, Bertha and Eloise. I just came in from the coop to watch my Bertha lay her first egg too! After she left the nest, we had a quick photo op

On December 1st, my girls Heads (Plymouth Rock) and Toes (Light Brahma) laid their first eggs! The older hens have stopped laying eggs so when I heard the unmistakable noise coming from the coop, I knew it could only be one thing! It's the little moments in life that make me so happy.

You are so right! I always love collecting eggs, no matter how long I've been doing it! Have fun!!

I love your signature. I'm a step-mom to 3 kids, 1 dog, 2 cats, 1 Sulcata tortoise and 9 chickens. Not to mention the bird, turkey's and deer I feed. I know the depths that my husband loves me because he put up with all my babies. P.S. He secretly loves the chickens as much as me!

Congratulations on the first (of many) eggs! Great names your kids picked out for the girls.
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom