FIRST EGGS!!!!

PugAndChickMomma

Chirping
Aug 28, 2019
WA
We were so excited this afternoon when we came upon our first egg. Then even more excited when an hour later, we had egg #2!!! The funny thing is they were not from the hens we most expected. One came from a pullet who hasn't squatted, her comb isn't very red yet, etc., But there she was in the nesting box and then a few minutes later...a beautiful tiny Green egg. The other one was from one of our 2 Austrolorps, but not the one who we thought would go first. One has a big red comb and has been squatting for a week. This one has a smaller not so red comb, and just started squatting a few days ago, but she is the one with the egg.

Here is a picture of the two that laid eggs today, and of course their glorious eggs! I figure this is the only place that everyone will appreciate how exciting this is for me! 😊
IMG_20200105_114754__01__01.jpg

I
IMG_20200201_164900_Bokeh__01__01.jpg
IMG_20200201_143025__01.jpg

We were so excited this afternoon when we came upon our first egg. Then even more excited when an hour later, we had egg #2!!! The funny thing is they were not from the hens we most expected. One came from a pullet who hasn't squatted, her comb isn't very red yet, etc., But there she was in the nesting box and then a few minutes later...a beautiful tiny Green egg. The other one was from one of our 2 Austrolorps, but not the one who we thought would go first. One has a big red comb and has been squatting for a week. This one has a smaller not so red comb, and just started squatting a few days ago, but she is the one with the egg.

Here is a picture of the two that laid eggs today, and of course their glorious eggs! I figure this is the only place that everyone will appreciate how exciting this is for me! 😊
View attachment 2016540
IView attachment 2016533View attachment 2016534

Outstanding! There is nothing better! Congratulations!

Back
Top Bottom