First Eggs

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by yellowchick, Apr 4, 2009.

1. yellowchick

yellowchick Out Of The Brooder

Oct 15, 2008
    C, Arkansas
    I started getting 1 egg a day starting last Thursday from 7 of my BO's. I think just one is laying right now. I got these on Oct. 23rd as day old chicks. Just thought I would post for someone to have some info on when to expect eggs.

2. Dawn419

Dawn419 Lost in the Woods

Apr 16, 2007
    Evening Shade, AR
    Congrat's on getting your 1st eggs! [​IMG]

Dawn

3. Ryu

Ryu Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 6, 2009
    My Standard Cornish develop very slowly. I usually don't get eggs until they are 9 months old at the earliest. Then they lay ping pong balls for a couple of months. It's about a year until I get an egg good enough for the incubator.

4. yellowchick

yellowchick Out Of The Brooder

Oct 15, 2008
    C, Arkansas
    These aren't big eggs but bigger than I figured they'ed be. Should I be concerned that I didn't have any eggs today? They free range all day on the weekends, will they lay in the woods instead of their coop if they are out?

5. cmom

cmom Hilltop Farm

Nov 18, 2007
    Florida
    My Coop
    Congratulations... It's sooooo eggciting to go to the nest boxes and collect those little presents.
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

6. msgenie516

msgenie516 The Happy Hen

May 16, 2008
    Nesconset, LI, NY
    Hi,

I would say they're just about on time. My BO's started laying at about 22 weeks, but many pullets start a little later. A lot depends on the individual bird. I would say you will be getting more eggs soon but you may need to be patient for another month or so. You should be getting more eggs soon! Good luck! [​IMG] Genie

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by