First Eggs!!!

nanaX2

Hatching
9 Years
Aug 15, 2010
We have 3 orpingtons and 3 cinnamerican hens, hatched around Mar. 16. They just started laying this week even though the heat is just wretched. I have heard that you should not eat the first few eggs. When can you start eating the eggs? Also, when do we change their feed? Obviously we are newbies at this. Thanks for any advice!!!

welcome-byc.gif
and congrats on the first eggs.
ya.gif
We ate our first eggs and they were fine. You can probably eat them now with no trouble. Your girls should eating layer feed. , you can buy it at the feed store.
smile.png

Welcome! We don't have eggs yet from our new chickens, but I'll be eating the first ones for sure. We always ate the first eggs of our birds in the past. I don't know why you wouldn't.

Congrats on the new egg, I just got mine yesterday as well, it was so exciting. I looked all day today though and no more eggs. Cant wait for my next one, hope it comes soon.
big_smile.png

Hello and welcome from VA!! CONGRATS!!! on your first egg..We are newbies and have 5 golden coments.They just turned 17 weeks and still no eggs yet.so we just sit and wait.I think I am going to bronze the first one..LOL

Back
Top Bottom