First eggs

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by clacka, Jan 18, 2014.

1. clacka

clacka Out Of The Brooder

Aug 13, 2013
    Walsall,England
    [​IMG]woke up to my first eggs today and was quite emotional and excited,I have 4 call ducks and 2 drakes who are 8 months old I live in England where the temp is quite mild for this time of the year.i wasn't expecting any eggs till late February early march

2. clacka

Aug 13, 2013
    Walsall,England
    Also I have noticed none of the ducks where brooding the eggs is this because they are so young or the weather been too cold, new to this and would appreciate any advice

3. creaturelife

creaturelife Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 10, 2013
    i m not sure why they wont brood the eggs but it also not the time of the year for them to be moms yet i would wait until spring to let them brood any eggs i have a broody hen that will get after me when i try to get the eggs from her but it too old the eggs would die

4. clacka

Aug 13, 2013
    Walsall,England
    Creature life yes mom did have a little rant and peck at me when I removed the eggs from the coop [​IMG][​IMG]

5. Ancona Breeder

Ancona Breeder Out Of The Brooder

May 14, 2012
    Im waiting for mine

6. clacka

Aug 13, 2013
    Walsall,England
    Wasn't expecting them this early,was told late February early march.i had another 2 this morning but I found them by the pond not in the coop know any reasons why? [​IMG][​IMG]

7. clacka

Aug 13, 2013
    Walsall,England
    quote name="Ancona Breeder" url="/t/849594/first-eggs#post_12660378"]Im waiting for mine[/quote]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by