First escape artist

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by kklowell, Apr 7, 2018.

1. kklowell

kklowell Songster

Mar 2, 2018
    Bridgton, Maine
    This is Cutie and she's the first chick to actually figure a way out of the brooder. I'll admit, she did have an accomplice...she was on top of the tallest waterer and I was petting her while she looked around. She was so calm I decided to see if she'd get into my hand so I put my open hand down in front of her. She stepped into my hand, then right up my arm to freedom. LOL First escape.jpg

Quik1th, HoopyFrood and Farmer Connie like this.
  2. Farmer Connie

Farmer Connie All My Friends Have Hoofs

Feb 28, 2017
    Florida Peninsula
    My Coop
    I-like-it.gif

3. HoopyFrood

HoopyFrood Songster

Mar 21, 2016
    Maine, USA
    My Coop
    So cute!! Although their escape antics got exasperating a couple of times, for the most part it was hilarious and cuteness overload!

Eryniel likes this.
  4. kklowell

kklowell Songster

Mar 2, 2018
    Bridgton, Maine
    She got out AND got her name today. Quite the accomplishment for 3 weeks old, don't you think? I hadn't named her yet because I have two GCs, and really couldn't tell them apart until now.

HoopyFrood likes this.
  5. llombardo

llombardo Crowing

Mar 11, 2018
    Illinois
    The rest will follow shortly. Mine are all over the bathroom all the time. I don't even try to keep them in anymore.

6. kklowell

kklowell Songster

Mar 2, 2018
    Bridgton, Maine
    These guys are in a dining room with a carpeted floor... can't let them run around in there. Planning to move them to the garage tomorrow or Monday. That will present its own problems, but escaping there will be a lot less problem. The sides of that pen are several inches taller though, so by the time then can escape that the coop should be ready.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: