First experience with cereal (pic :)

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by GardenGal, Jul 12, 2011.

1. GardenGal

GardenGal Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 11, 2011
    Western WA
    Gotta say, I LOVE HAVING CHICKENS! They love having cereal [​IMG] They noticed everyone else's cereal beaks, but not their own, and there was much chasing after everyone else's messy faces and wondering why everyone else was going after their messy face. Chick tv, my favorite channel!

[​IMG]

2. budda

budda Chillin' With My Peeps

May 2, 2011
    Atlanta GA
    What Breed is that? Awesome coloring

3. gryeyes

gryeyes Covered in Pet Hair & Feathers

GREAT photograph!

Aren't chickens the most interesting creatures?? I never in my life (B.C. "before chickens") would have believed poultry would be so fascinating. And that each bird would have its own personality! Had I understood that, I would have gotten into keeping chickens years ago.

4. SIMPleChick

SIMPleChick Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 10, 2011
    Utah
    LOVE IT!!! [​IMG] Chickens do the FUNNIEST things! Pretty little guy!

5. Dowie

Dowie Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 29, 2011
    It's fanatastic. Every morning I feed my chickens some leftover porridge. This 'leftover' porridge occurs because I always make twice as much as I actually eat so I just 'happen' to have enough for the hens! [​IMG] It's real sloppy, and often my greediest hen gets it on her back because she won't wait for it to hit the ground. The best bit is the rooster, who then delicately eats it off her back! She's so busy chowing down she never notices. I love them so much.

6. GardenGal

GardenGal Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 11, 2011
    Western WA
    Thanks! That's Gregory Peck, our Speckled Sussex. It just made my morning, watching them attack their cereal [​IMG]

Just saw your post, Dowie - that's pretty cute!

Last edited: Jul 12, 2011
  7. tamberlin

tamberlin Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 18, 2010
    Framingham MA
    What a great name for a rooster!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by