First Fair Show 08 results

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by therealsilkiechick, Aug 6, 2008.

1. therealsilkiechick

therealsilkiechick ShowGirl Queen

Jul 18, 2007
    Northwestern, pa
    this is the week for one of our local ag and youth fairs. it is our first of about 4 shows we will be doing this year. tomarrow is poultry judgeing and we r really excited and looking forward to it!!

mon was floral exhibits ect judgeing and here is the results of them. will add poultry ones tomarrow night when we get home so u know how we did. we have 46 birds in and all 7 of us have birds in for exhibit.
    enjoy the pics and wish us luck! [​IMG]
    silkie

[​IMG]
    1st place for florabunda rose

[​IMG]
    my 4 year old jelena got 1st for her daylily

[​IMG]
    3rd for rose collection

[​IMG]
    and 1st for my hanging basket spider plant that is behind the display. it's about 4ft long so u can only see part of it in the pic.

Last edited: Aug 6, 2008
  2. LittleChickenRacingTeam

LittleChickenRacingTeam On vacation

Jan 11, 2007
    Ontario, CANADA
    Congrats. Good luck on the poultry show. We do about a dozen fall fairs. Great way to meet others involved with chickens.

3. my1stchicks

my1stchicks Chillin' With My Peeps

May 12, 2008
    North FL
    Beautiful flowers! Good luck tomorrow [​IMG]

4. Crunchie

Crunchie Brook Valley Farm

Mar 1, 2007
    Maryland
    [​IMG] 46 chickens?? Yikes! [​IMG] How in the world do you get all of those birds ready?? [​IMG]

The flowers are gorgeous!

Well good luck, I'll be sure to check back for your update! I'm thinking about taking a few (a few, not 46...[​IMG]) to our local fair but I haven't decided yet...but it's not for another month, so I have time to make up my mind!

5. therealsilkiechick

Jul 18, 2007
    Northwestern, pa
    thank you! lol, well it's definately not that easy to get them all ready, it's very time consumeing and i think they bath me worse than i do them at bath time. [​IMG]

7 of us showed we brought home anywhere from 1st through 4th place and did really good. i'm not for sure how many of who got what cuz alot of tags the chooks ate, rotfl. some r missing from people pulling them off. so saturday night when we get all our ribbons and premiums i'll let u know the full results. i do know we placed for every class we entered though and should be for premiums about $150-$200 at my guess from what i could tell depite the tags all messed up on so many.

i found my other rechargables so i'll take as many pics tomarrow as i can. i have added alot of new pics of the ones at the fair from yesterday to my website but still have more to upload. so u can see who we took up.
    silkie

6. Kanchii

Kanchii Chillin' With My Peeps

cant wait to see the pics!

7. silkieluvr

silkieluvr Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 20, 2007
    Marin, California
    Yay! Great job, I want pics! [​IMG]

8. therealsilkiechick

Jul 18, 2007
    Northwestern, pa
    sorry i didn't get home from fair till 4 am today, wow it has been a long week. i got alot of pics from there posted to my website in my first link, they r scattered through out albums if u'd like to see them. i'm on dial up so way to many to upload to photobucket.

i have more to get off my cam too of the flock i'll add later soon as i can. i have to go pick up floral exhibits here in a few. we had alot of fun and did great there, i'll add more details soon as i can cuz i got to check tags and ribbons to see what is what. here is a couple pics of the kid's haveing fun while there.
    silkie

here is dakota at the petting zoo. he was talking to a pigmy and it kept kissing him,lol.
    [​IMG]

this is dominic at the cow barn
    [​IMG]

jelena on the back of the army truck
    [​IMG]

hunter and rosie our friend peggy's goat
    [​IMG]

and my last kiddo camden with star another of our friends goats.
    [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by