First few nights in the coop

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by goldeneggtees, May 18, 2009.

1. goldeneggtees

goldeneggtees Fluffy Butt Nut

Mar 11, 2009
    Long Island, NY
    I have 8 bo chicks who were out in their coop for the first time about a week ago. I did not let them sit in their coop for a few days before letting them out into the run. Some days have been harder trying to get them into the coop at night. Here's a funny image. Me, hmmm, how am I going to get them in when I want? Maybe I'll put them though their little door that goes into the run. One goes in and while I'm trying to get another, out comes the first one and so on and so on. Talk about frustrating. Now when I see they are in around evening time. Lock goes the door, they are in for the night. Fast forward to this weekend. My DH and I broke our backs trying to prepare soil to lay sod. I'm so exhausted I could barely stand up. It getting towards dusk and the chicks are still out, so I'm back to the little door method. And lo and behold, the chicks go in and stay in, no problem! I think they knew not to mess with me that night. I had absolutely no patience and they must have known. GOOD CHICKENS! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by