First Few Pics of My New Chicks!

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by PamB, Jul 22, 2010.

1. PamB

PamB Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 20, 2010
    Dayville, CT
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. chicmom

chicmom Dances with Chickens

Feb 24, 2009
    Strasburg Ohio
    Aww, they're cute! ENJOY![​IMG]

3. CaitlynNichols

CaitlynNichols Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 29, 2010
    Newfields, NH
    Dawww! Did you put some grass in the box or are they outside with a box surrounding them? That's a neat idea!

4. Cattitude

Cattitude Chillin' With My Peeps

Beautiful chicklets! The box is a terrific idea, too. Can I copy?

5. Critter Crazed

Critter Crazed Chicken Cuddlin' Cheesehead

Jun 22, 2009
    Awww! They are just adorable. I miss having little babies, I need more! [​IMG]
    Enjoy them, they don't stay little for very long.

6. Moxiechick

Moxiechick Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 15, 2010
    Maine
    Cuteness!!! [​IMG]

7. MyBlackHen

MyBlackHen Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 26, 2010
    Upstate New York
    So adorable, congratulations! I took my kids today to see my friend's new chicks ... she's got 103 new meat birds, only 2 days old. It is so easy to forget just how small and fuzzy they are! Have fun with them.

8. PamB

PamB Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 20, 2010
    Dayville, CT
    Thanks so much everyone!! They are in our basement in a big bin usually, but we take them out for an hour a day so they can peck at the bugs/grass. Yes, it is just a cardboard box with the bottom out. That way we can sit and just watch them! It works out great! They loooove it outside! I'll be happy for them when they are big enough to go in their coop/run...they will LOVE it! [​IMG]

9. dieselgrl48

dieselgrl48 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 21, 2010
    Virginia
    They are so cute.I used to use the top part of a 2 piece cage to let some get time out but mainly injured or recouping bird's.Sadly I don't have that cage anymore.It's been really nice here so I may try the box thing.I have 12 newbie's A few are only a couple days old but I may fix up something for them so they can enjoy the weather.Bette rhtan being hatched fall and winter.TY For the pic's.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by