1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

First "Field Trip" w/ Pictures! (and a question about poop)

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by mommabice, Mar 14, 2012.

1. mommabice

mommabice Out Of The Brooder

Jan 22, 2012
    Mississippi
    My Coop
    Today the girls are 4 weeks old, and I took all of them outside into the fenced in area of the backyard while my son was taking a nap (chasing chickens and a one year old was not in my plan today). Here are some pictures:

(But let me throw in a question too. One or two of my chicks have runny poop. Normal or something to be worried about?)

[​IMG]
    Please ignore the mess...those pallets are going to turn into our coop this weekend, and the other stuff is from cleaning up the back yard and fixing the fence.

[​IMG]
    This little girl was shy about being outside. She sat on my knee for quite a while.

[​IMG]
    Oh, pecking order...you can see them puffing up in the back.

2. Othylocke

Othylocke Out Of The Brooder

Mar 18, 2010
    Dothan, AL
  3. mommabice

Jan 22, 2012
    Mississippi
    My Coop
    Thank you so much for that link!

I feel like a first-time mom all over again, wondering if my babies poop is normal. lol. Looks like the runny poops in the link, and under the "normal" category. :)

4. theoldchick

theoldchick The Chicken Whisperer

May 11, 2010
    Look at them checking out all the stuff! Which way do we go?

Thanks for sharing!

5. highpointfarm

highpointfarm Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 29, 2012
    Orange County NY
  6. mommabice

Jan 22, 2012
    Mississippi
    My Coop
    Sort of related question...the weather here has been warm (in the 70's every day) and not too cool at night (high 50's and 60's). Do you think I could move them out to the coop when we have it done (in the next week or so [​IMG])?

7. highpointfarm

highpointfarm Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 29, 2012
    Orange County NY
    Depends on how old... 4 weeks and up? SURE =] But just keep an eye on the weather incase a cold front comes in =]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by