First Garden!

nicole63021

Songster
6 Years
Mar 8, 2013
West St. Louis County, MO

My first garden!!!! We also got chickens this year of course, but this is my little slice of independence! Have cucumbers, corn, dill, garlic, kale, brussels sprouts, carrots, parsnips, quinoa, cherry peppers, english peas, purple bell peppers, jelly bean tomatoes, roma tomatoes, green zebra tomatoes, jalapeno peppers, serano peppers, cilantro/coriander, lime basil, and pumpkins in the little ring that just sprouted. Will soon have lemon balm, micro greens, and romanesco broccoli, but missed the early planting. Several of these are being done as successive plantings. There are also marigolds and nasturtiums to help with bugs and because they are pretty additions to salad. Also waiting for coffee plants to sprout. Will be adding to this next year, but very excited so far!!!!!!

Wow! It looks great. You did a good job.
I've been wanting to plant some marigolds around my coop for flies and mosquitoes. A coffee plant sounds neat too.

Wow, a coffee plant! I would love to know how that comes out. Can you get us some pics when it starts coming along? Your garden looks lovely!

Thank you all so much for the compliments, pretty happy for year one, the coffee plants take forever, so will let you know, but might add more of those next year as well, just to supply the coffee habit here, lol, though I may need a whole plantation!

Back
Top Bottom