First green egg today!!

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by gale65, Oct 20, 2011.

1. gale65

gale65 Chillin' With My Peeps

We have two EE pullets and one, Stella, has a very bright comb so I think she's the culprit. She is 21 weeks and 1 day old. [​IMG]

Isn't it purdy [​IMG] it's actually a bit brighter than this pic shows. I had to use flash.
    [​IMG]

Funny thing-she laid it in the nest that so far, no one else has laid in. So now all 3 nests have been initiated and today there was at least an egg in each nest. [​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 20, 2011
  2. CrestedGirl

CrestedGirl Polish Obsessed

Mar 7, 2011
    Fort Worth, Tx
    Congrats [​IMG] [​IMG] It is beautiful [​IMG]

3. fshinggrl

fshinggrl Chillin' With My Peeps

May 1, 2009
    the edge of insanity
    Congratulations! I have to admit that my first green egg got me ultra excited.. as if brown eggs were not colorful enough! I'm still waiting on the (hopefully) dark eggs coming. [​IMG]

4. LT

LT Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 21, 2011
    West Fork
    I have an EE named Stella too, and she laid her first blue/green egg last Thursday!!! Congrats to you for that beautiful egg and for it being in the nest box!!!!!

5. Cattitude

Cattitude Chillin' With My Peeps

Congratz on the green egg! You have some lovely darker brown eggs in the back of the basket as well.

6. Blue Ninja

Blue Ninja Out Of The Brooder

Jun 4, 2011
    Ha! I also have an EE named Stella, and am still waiting anxiously for a blue or green egg from her. She is about 26 weeks!!!

7. LT

LT Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 21, 2011
    West Fork
    Quote:We should start a "Stella" thread in the stories about chickens category.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by