First hatch- 8 fuzz butts pics added

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by BantyHugger, May 15, 2009.

1. BantyHugger

BantyHugger Chillin' With My Peeps

May 23, 2008
    Ponder
    Omg! They are rocking and peeping like crazy! One has piped already! I'm so crazy excited. These are some mille d'uccle eggs from my little trio. We put 13 eggs in and all 13 developed. I'm so proud. How long till the pipped one hatches?

Last edited: May 18, 2009
  2. Schultz

Schultz CluckN'Crow Farm

Aug 5, 2008
    Indianapolis
    It can take 24+ hours before hatching. I don't want to rain on your parade but now is the time of Patience!!!! Sometimes it is quicker. Just don't open the bator and all will be well! Good hatching vibes to you and your little ones!

3. patyrdz

patyrdz The Madd Hatcher

Feb 26, 2009
    Southern Pines, NC
    Yay, Yay and Yay!!! Congratulations!! [​IMG] now do the dance!!(or skip) [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Last edited: May 15, 2009
  4. BantyHugger

May 23, 2008
    Ponder
    ok i skipped threw the house and peeped to them and the little ones rocked and peeped in reply [​IMG] I took some pics using the aquarium setting so u can kinda see the pip:
    [​IMG]
    Oh and I'm gonna focus on NOT opening the bator.

Last edited: May 15, 2009
  5. BantyHugger

May 23, 2008
    Ponder
    Just an update: I have 2 hatched and doing fine and then there is a 3rd that i think my mom helped hatch this morning who looks really weak. I put him on a warm wet napkin but he just moved off. The 2 healthy ones were running around knocking all the other eggs around. 3 of the eggs have pips so i was afraid they might be hurting their siblings. Here are pics of the new babes:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

6. Freckle Face Farm

Freckle Face Farm Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 1, 2009
    Florida
    [​IMG]

7. BantyHugger

May 23, 2008
    Ponder
    ok out of 13 eggs 11 so far have hatched. [​IMG] 2 died just out of the shell which from what i've read is normal. One got taken by the cat (she reached through the cage around the brooder and stole it). However i am still happy to say we have 8 happy little fuzz butts! We dropped one of the eggs about 5 days ago and we're sure it wasn't going to hatch but it did! The chick is bald (no fuzz on the top of its head). Has anyone ever had this happen? Will it grow feathers? The rest are all fine.
    EDT: the weak one is the one from the dropped egg. My mom didn't help him, one of the other ones is super slow to stand too. And the weak one is the bald one. I'll get some pics soon.

Last edited: May 18, 2009
  8. mediazeal

mediazeal Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 26, 2009
    [​IMG] Awesome. Keep the pics coming!
    Congrats!

9. wanda047

wanda047 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 26, 2009
    Hardy, Arkansas
    We dropped one of the eggs about 5 days ago and we're sure it wasn't going to hatch but it did!

I did the same thing! Dropped the egg on the counter top yesterday and cracked it. I thought I was going to cry! Candled last night and it's still moving, so maybe it will still hatch. I've got my fingers crossed.

Congrats on your hatch. Sounds like you've done a great job. [​IMG]

10. selinagil

selinagil Chillin' With My Peeps

Congrats on the little chicks!! Not sure about the bald chick....just wait and see. Keep the kitty away so he doesn't get anymore snacks!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by