First hatch attempt!

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by jruner, Nov 15, 2008.

1. jruner

jruner Out Of The Brooder

Oct 24, 2008
    Challis, Idaho
    I have ten eggs in my Styrofoam incubator and the owns I can candle-they are brown eggs, are looking good! Temps are 99-100 steady and humidity is 55-65 percent. Hoping for 11/28 hatch date.

John Runer

2. 77horses

77horses ◊The Spontaneous Pullet!◊

Aug 19, 2008
    [CONFIDENTIAL]
    awesome! and [​IMG]
    looks like you're doing good so far! are the temps. in the syro-bator steady? how about humidity? Is the bator homemade? I made one for this Spring and I want to see how they work for other people. [​IMG]
    But I just wanted to warn you to maybe lower humidity a tiny tiny bit(it should be 30-45% at first, and no lower than 25%.) but that's just my opion. Go for whatever you think will work and don't worry if your hatch turns out not as you hoped. Trust me, i bet a lot of people have been a little disappointed when they started hatching. [​IMG] But that way you can learn from your mistakes.
    But I would say keep hum. 25-45%, 25 being lowest and 45 being ONE of the highest. It's OK if it goes up to 50% though)

Good luck and I hope you get lots of fuzzy butts!!(and if you get a bad hatch rate, I hope you learn from your mistakes and do much much better next time!) [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

3. Pumpkinpup

Pumpkinpup Poultry Princess

Jul 16, 2008
    North-West Georgia
    [​IMG] Hope the hatch goes well.

4. jruner

jruner Out Of The Brooder

Oct 24, 2008
    Challis, Idaho
    Thanks for the replies I lowered my humidity to forty percent. Hopefully they are o.k. The temps are staying at 100.

John Runer

5. 77horses

77horses ◊The Spontaneous Pullet!◊

Aug 19, 2008
    [CONFIDENTIAL]
    OK that's awesome! so far so good! [​IMG]
    Hoping you get a great hatch! [​IMG] [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by