1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

First Hatch: Blue Orp rooster with Buff and Blue Orp hens: (Pics)

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by jmhappycowboy, Feb 9, 2008.

1. jmhappycowboy

jmhappycowboy The Egg Wrangler

Dec 13, 2007
    Philadelphia, MS
    Hey just took part of a hatch of chicks from the incubator. This is my first batch for the year from the bator. These chicks are from a Blue Orp rooster and both Buff and Blue Orp hens. Also a few Golden Sebrights and 1 lone silkie chick.

Does anyone have any idea what color the chocolate colored chicks might wind up being???

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Also all the little blue chicks with the red about their face and eyes do you think they will have the straw coloring in their necks?

Thanks
    James

2. Katy

Katy Flock Mistress

Are these for sale, or did you just post it in the wrong spot?

3. jmhappycowboy

Dec 13, 2007
    Philadelphia, MS
    Hey, no these aren't for sale I guess I just posted in the wrong spot. But if you want some I can hatch some to sell.

James

4. Katy

Katy Flock Mistress

That's what I thought...just checking! [​IMG] I've been hatching the last couple of days too...still trying to get some blue orp eggs to hatch for me tho.

They're very sweet chicks!

5. Tony

Tony Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 16, 2008
    Connecticut
    James, you can hatch me some, I`ll be more than happy to buy them from you, BUT I`d need them shipped. I`m interested in the blue orps. Gotta start getting some nice different bloodlines going. Let me know, PM/Email me. thanks Tony

6. jmhappycowboy

Dec 13, 2007
    Philadelphia, MS
    Tony, I emailed you.
    Thanks James

7. tiki244

tiki244 Flock Mistress

Jan 1, 2008
    WestCentralWisconsin
    well hopefully they will have the straw colored necks and blue bodies that would be nice [​IMG]

8. Tuffoldhen

Tuffoldhen Flock Mistress

Jan 30, 2007
    WV
    I've hatched out chicks from blue orp roos and buff hens....mine always turned out blue with rust heads or chests.......

9. BamaChicken

BamaChicken Orpingtons Bama Style

Nov 14, 2007
    Jim I have one that hatched that color of brown from a Splash Orp roo over a buff hen. I will be glad to take a pic of him it was a cockeral. My DH loves the color of him and won't let me get rid of him yet although we are not keeping him.

10. jmhappycowboy

Dec 13, 2007
    Philadelphia, MS
    Kris, they will be some nice looking birds with the straw colored neck wouldn't they.

Tuffoldhen, thanks I was wondering just how they would turn out.

Bama I would like to see a pic of your cockeral that is the brown colored. Was wondering if they would stay that chocolate color?

James

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by