1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

First hatch complete

Discussion in 'Hatch-A-Longs' started by canadahatcher, Sep 4, 2016.

1. canadahatcher

canadahatcher New Egg

Aug 16, 2016
    Alberta
    Hey there. Well after 24 hours of continued hatching and me and my kids not getting much sleep. We have 14 healthy chicks and 4 eggs that have not done anything. I will candle and water check those 4 tonight. My chicks are a barnyard mix from a friend that has multiple breeds of purebred free rangers which means that most of my chicks will be half breeds. Just wondering if anyone knows who is what. My browns chicks have no feathers on their legs and half of the yellow chicks do. Some yellows are more pink and half of the yellows have a black dot or stripe on the back of their heads. Thanks everyone! What a great experience this was.

2. canadahatcher

canadahatcher New Egg

Aug 16, 2016
    Alberta
    I am having a tough time uploading pics. Has anyone been able to from an iPhone?

3. KeyFlock

KeyFlock Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 22, 2015
    Kansas
    Hi canadahatcher. Just wanted to say congrats on your hatch! I don't know how to help you with the uploading problem, but hopefully somebody else can. Maybe if you told us what breeds your friend has, we could help you out a little bit, but it's still difficult to do without pictures.
    ~KeyFlock

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by