First Hatch day 21

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by draysbaby, Mar 27, 2009.

1. draysbaby

draysbaby New Egg

Mar 27, 2009
    This is our first hatch ever and this is day 21......haven't seen anything yet....no movement or pips. I'm so excited though and can't wait to see some movement. When should I expect movement and pips?[​IMG][​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 27, 2009
  2. jonty

jonty Out Of The Brooder

Oct 11, 2008
    Voßfeld Germany
    You should see movement from at least the 18th day (if they have room to move) They can be late so wait a few more days.

3. ginbart

ginbart Overrun With Chickens

Mar 9, 2008
    Bloomsburg, PA
    If you temp was down at all they may come late. I didn't see any movement in any of my eggs until they started to pip. My first hatch I keep looking at them for so long my eyes started to cross.

Did you put them in the bator in the morning or after noon? If you put them in after noon then your day 21 isn't until tomorrow. Just wanted you to know that if you didn't. Good luck and don't hurt your eyes. LOL

I have 101 eggs in my bator, waiting and waiting. I'm on day 8 with this new (old) bator.

Good luck and don't forget the pictures and keep up updated.

4. draysbaby

draysbaby New Egg

Mar 27, 2009
    This is now day 22 and still nothing...........no movement.......no piping..........nothing. I am really disappointed. I watched the so much last night that I dreamed about hatching eggs all night. I think my eyes are cross also. Well, I'll give them another day before I give up. I have another set I need to move into the hatcher tomorrow so I have to do something with this set.

5. Chicky Tocks

Chicky Tocks [IMG]emojione/assets/png/2666.png?v=2.2.7[/IMG] Ru

Oct 20, 2008
    Benton, Arkansas
    Don't give up! Don't toss those eggs until after day 28 or better. Have you candled any of them?

6. draysbaby

draysbaby New Egg

Mar 27, 2009
    I did candle them and though I had growth but since this is our first time we may have misintrepreted. I don't know. We have two other sets that were started later. I hope we something out of all those eggs.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by