First hatch in Brinsea DONE! See Stats and Final Pic!

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by The Sheriff, Nov 12, 2009.

1. The Sheriff

The Sheriff Overrun With Chickens

Jun 17, 2009
    Northern CA
    The last of my eggs arrived and we just set them in the new Brinsea. So we are onboard for a December 3rd hatch. I have 7 feather footed light Brahmas, 5 standard Salmon Favorelles, 6 blue laced red Wyandottes, 6 Mille Fleur d'uccles, and three black breasted red bantam OEG's for a total of 27 eggs. All of the eggs were shipped with the exception of the OEG which came from my flock. I have 3 brahma eggs that were HUGE and took up too much room in the Brinsea so they are going to incubate in the HovaBator. We put the auto-turner in and installed a fan so we'll see how it goes.

I'll update as we go along!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Thanks for all the advice and commiseration you've given me so far!

Mary

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 4, 2009
  2. Wynette

Wynette Moderator Staff Member

Sep 25, 2007
    Michigan
    Oh, best of luck & good hatching vibes coming your way!

I hatch in a Brinsea Octo 20 Advance also - I love that bator!

3. k2chickens

k2chickens Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 22, 2009
    New Castle, Indiana
    how much did you end up paying for your brinsea set up?? ive been tooking into getting one for quite some time now. Where did ya get it from??

4. The Sheriff

Jun 17, 2009
    Northern CA
    Quote:I ordered by phone from Brinsea. I wanted expedited shipping and they do not have the option if you order online. It was the least expensive place I found. Other places sell it but many didn't have it in stock and were drop shipping from Brinsea.

Directly off my receipt:

Octogon 20 Advance complete with auto turning cradle and humidity pump.............$449.99
    Shipping, handling, & Insurance..................................................................................66.00 (I requested 3 day air that's why so high)
    Sales tax.........................................................................................................................00

Total......................................................................................................................$515.00

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 12, 2009
  5. k2chickens

Apr 22, 2009
    New Castle, Indiana
    Quote:I ordered by phone from Brinsea. I wanted expedited shipping and they do not have the option if you order online. It was the least expensive place I found. Other places sell it but many didn't have it in stock and were drop shipping from Brinsea.

Directly off my receipt:

Octogon 20 Advance complete with auto turning cradle and humidity pump.............$449.99
    Shipping, handling, & Insurance..................................................................................66.00 (I requested 3 day air that's why so high)
    Sales tax.........................................................................................................................00

Total......................................................................................................................$515.00

YIKES!!!![​IMG] Maybe one day i could splurge that much cash...and hope my g/f doesen't find out lol. Does your lcd screen readout in standard or metric?

6. The Sheriff

Jun 17, 2009
    Northern CA
    Standard

7. k2chickens

Apr 22, 2009
    New Castle, Indiana
    Quote:oh great NOW i really want one lol

8. The Sheriff

Jun 17, 2009
    Northern CA
    End of Day one and not one single temp or humidity fluctuation beyond a 1/10th of a degree or 1% humidity. Can't say the same for the Hovabator but it has been pretty consistent since we took out the fan we added. So I am keeping the temp a little higher since it is a still air incubator again.

21 days is a really long time, isn't it?

9. chickenlover456

chickenlover456 Out Of The Brooder

Jan 14, 2009
    Bay Area, CA
    in getting a brinsea mini advance fully automatic:D im super excited! good luck on your hatch:thumbsup

10. The Sheriff

Jun 17, 2009
    Northern CA
    Quote:Awesome! Mine is still a bit noisy but I have had it in my office since yesterday and I am quite used to it now. It is comforting to hear the thing running and adjusting, knowing I am not the one running over there messing with it every few minutes! Let me know what you think when you get it. Did you get the humidity pump?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by