First hatch, needing help!

Angelllxoxo1

Hatching
Feb 7, 2023
It is my first time incubating eggs, I started off with 10 and candled them at 7, 15 and 18 days. I seen good veining and movement in 8, so I took the 2 out that didn’t have anything going on inside. After I candled on day 18, I put the lid back, increased humidity and have left it alone. On Sunday(day 21) I had one pip, I heard chirping but then nothing happened. On day 22,(yesterday) I had one hatch successfully, but then nothing from the other eggs. Today(day 23) I had another hatch in the middle of the night. The first one that piped has not come out, so I wanted to open it and see if it needed help, but I don’t want to compromise the other eggs. I know I am supposed to leave the lid closed so the chicks don’t get stuck to the membrane, but I am curious if it normally varies on when they hatch? I have been reading that I am supposed to leave the hatched babies in the incubator until the last chick has hatched, but what if it goes over the 48 hour mark? Don’t the ones that have already hatched need to eat at that point? It’s all very confusing, any advice/tips from experienced hatchers would be gratefully appreciated! My temp is at 94-95 degrees and my humidity is at 70%. Thank you!

They’re chicken eggs. My incubator is set at 38 degrees celcius and my hydrometer is saying 95.5 Fahrenheit.

what end did the first one pip ? Of it was air cell and been longer then 24 hours that baby may need assistance
You won’t compromise the other eggs if nobody has made external pips
And if you grab it quickly anc close lid it won’t hurt the others
If the other eggs don’t have external pips yet you can give them a candle and look for movement and check egg for any bruising in case baby can’t break the shell
Just try ti keep egg in the same position not turning it so you don’t confuse any ready to hatch
I remove my little ones that hatched at about 4 hours
I move quickly and have never had a shrink wrap happen
Just make sure the room isn’t cold

One of your temp readings must be wrong- 95 f would be around 35 c?
So hard to know if temps are on the high or low side.
I take chicks out as soon as they are fluffed up and I take eggs out if they need help.
Some people prefer a hands off hatching so this is a personal choice- some people leave chicks in incubator until everyone is ready to come out- also a personal choice.
I’ve never had any issues when removing chicks during hatching or taking out eggs to check on them- I just do it quickly

Back
Top Bottom