First Hatch of the Year - AWESOME and THANKS Okiehen!

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by Kedreeva, Mar 23, 2011.

1. Kedreeva

Kedreeva Longfeather Lane

Jun 10, 2010
    Michigan
    I just want to say... I ordered a dozen eggs from Okiehen after my friend lost her beloved Blue Andalusian roo... I was hoping to surprise her with a new one. The eggs came in at the beginning of this month and 1) they were beautifully packaged (though I was scared they'd gotten too cold at first because my post office is dumb) and 2) beautifully labeled as BA for blue/black/splash and BA Blue for one that she knew would hatch pure blue.

The last chick is halfway through hatching right now, and I just want to take a moment to brag on Okiehen's stock and say I have a full dozen chicks and they are gorgeous. One hundred percent fertility in the eggs and beautiful chicks popping out left and right... couldn't be happier. After the shipping disasters of last year, I'm totally geeked my first hatch of this year went so amazingly and with such little effort.

And since everyone can use a dose of cute, here's the first 6 of them drying off in the food dish [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 23, 2011
  2. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    resting in the food dish = very smart move. Makes it easier to find the food for quick pick-me-ups. Too cute. I hope one is just what you wanted for your friend.

3. suburbanchickymama

suburbanchickymama Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 15, 2011
    Apex, NC
    [​IMG] Congrats on the awesome hatch!!! They are gorgeous!

4. Kedreeva

Jun 10, 2010
    Michigan
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

The one time I want a roo, you know they will be all hens [​IMG]

5. jcfuente51

jcfuente51 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 18, 2011
    preatty cool dudes resting there i love them do the guy that shipped the eggs ship to diferent countries??

congrats on your babys.. [​IMG]

6. Kedreeva

Jun 10, 2010
    Michigan
    Thanks!

And I have no idea if Okiehen ships to other countries but considering the hassle it is to move poultry between countries I'm gonna guess no.

7. jcfuente51

jcfuente51 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 18, 2011
    [​IMG] i wanted some of the chicks u guys hatch there [​IMG]

8. Kedreeva

Jun 10, 2010
    Michigan
    There are people who do send things overseas... perhaps make a thread asking if there is anyone who will ship to you? I know there was someone who got a couple dozen shipped to.... I want to say korea or thailand or something, so I know there are people who do ship to other countries.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by