First hatch questions

Discussion in 'Hatch-A-Longs' started by geordiechick, Aug 12, 2013.

1. geordiechick

geordiechick Out Of The Brooder

Aug 12, 2013
    Newcastle upon Tyne..uk
    Hi. I got 6 mixed Wyandotte eggs. 2 were infertile the remaining 4 seem to be progressing well. Yesterday was day 18 and all 4 remaining eggs were wobbling around. I took the turner out in the afternoon for lockdown however I have not seen any of the eggs move since. Does this mean something has happened to the chicks? Or can they just have a still day after a lot of movement? It's so difficult to resist the temptation not to open up to check them but I know I haveTo leave them be so sitting on my hands lol

2. geordiechick

geordiechick Out Of The Brooder

Aug 12, 2013
    Newcastle upon Tyne..uk
    Thanks Veer....very informative and has stopped me obsessively watching the eggies for an hour. I have now seen a couple of small wobbles from them and armed with all the new info I feel a bit more relaxed. Day 21 is Wednesday so fingers crossed for the lil dudes making it out ok.....just a very nervous new mum as our other chooks were all POL pullets. We wanted to increase our flock a little so opted for trying to hatch some and my little boy is using the experience for his summer holidays project...

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by