First hatch set ever. :-)

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by MyHappyChicks, Feb 11, 2012.

1. MyHappyChicks

MyHappyChicks Out Of The Brooder

Jan 1, 2012
    [​IMG]
    I am praying to egg gods that this works the way I hope. I have had chicks before but never pulled the eggs from the birds before to hatch. I picked up a sportsman due to the amount of eggs it will hold at a time. I only set 27 to try and see how I do with it. I got my temp at 100 on the dot and isn't moving up or down. One of my friends that hatches all the time is keeping tabs on me so I don't have any trouble at least I hope that is why he is doing it. My set consists of lavender Orpingtons, black copper, buff polish, lemon Orpingtons, light Brahma, and red stars.
    Wish me luck.

2. mlm Mike

mlm Mike Sunna and Mani Premium Member

Aug 14, 2010
    Hardy Township, OH
    Good Luck! [​IMG]

3. meshellrose

meshellrose Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 15, 2010
    Arkansas
    Good luck! I am going to start my first ever set tomorrow..6 ducks and 4 buff orps..I pray we both have good hatch rates!

4. Kismet

Kismet Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 3, 2008
    New Hampshire, USA
    I just put 44 eggs in my incubator last evening around five o'clock. It is not my first hatch, but I get just as excited every time!
    Here's hoping for a good hatch for all!

5. MyHappyChicks

MyHappyChicks Out Of The Brooder

Jan 1, 2012
    Thanks I really do hope it goes the way it is supposed to. I don't quant to play around on the next hatch as it will have my Jubilee Orpingtons in it I hope.[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by