First Hatch... :(

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by TinyTotsSeramas, Aug 2, 2011.

1. TinyTotsSeramas

TinyTotsSeramas Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 21, 2011
    Smithsburg
    So I set 16 button quail eggs on the 19th and yesterday started Lockdown and Hatch day is SUPPOSE to be tomorrow but Im thinking nothing is going to happen... Im not getting any pips, no rocking or rolling, or chirps from inside the eggs... and honestly I think my incubator was knocked around too much by my careless in-laws (they see no reason in my Buttons and think Im wasting time and money on chickens... so they were pretty careless around my bator...) ticks me off to no end since I didnt turn those eggs 3x a day for 16 days just for them not to hatch... so Im getting kind of bumed out right now [​IMG]

*btw I love my stulker who says I whine alot! I guess this is whining again isnt it? [​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 2, 2011
  2. guinea fowl galore

guinea fowl galore Chillin' With My Peeps

May 12, 2009
    Australia
    Quote:Sort of [​IMG]
    $h!t happens. All these things are the risks you have to take with incubating. It's like everything, if you can't handle the disappointment of something going wrong with the task your doing then I guess you shouldn't be doing it.
    I follow this rule all the time. Good luck next time though.

3. rekabnivek

rekabnivek Out Of The Brooder

Jul 7, 2011
    I wouldn't get discouraged just yet. They may be late bloomers and taking their time. My husband is constantly reminding me to be patient. We are on day 20 and I have a pip and heard a peep last night. This morning was nothing and I was reminded once again to be patient. You should tell your in-laws that this is YOUR house and they have no right to treat, what they believe to be wasted money, in a careless way. Different things bring different people joy. Yours just happens to be birds. Don't give up just yet:)

4. wrestling_mom

wrestling_mom Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 3, 2011
    Henderson County, NC
    $h!t happens. All these things are the risks you have to take with incubating. It's like everything, if you can't handle the disappointment of something going wrong with the task your doing then I guess you shouldn't be doing it.

Well, my take on this is that yeah, junk happens, but when it is because others are careless or mean, that is just plain WRONG. If something goes wrong b/c it was going to go wrong anyway, that's one thing, but if they die b/c of someone's purposeful actions, that is another. Do you live with the in-laws? Or do they visit you often? Either way, your husband may need to step up and tell them HANDS OFF and NOSES OUT. Or move your bator to your room.

5. TinyTotsSeramas

TinyTotsSeramas Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 21, 2011
    Smithsburg

Well, my take on this is that yeah, junk happens, but when it is because others are careless or mean, that is just plain WRONG. If something goes wrong b/c it was going to go wrong anyway, that's one thing, but if they die b/c of someone's purposeful actions, that is another. Do you live with the in-laws? Or do they visit you often? Either way, your husband may need to step up and tell them HANDS OFF and NOSES OUT. Or move your bator to your room.

We live with them until Im done with College an can find a place in Kentucky where we want to move to.. but DH wont stand up to them even for his own children.. his veiw is "Its their house" well thats fine, But I have no problem standing up to them and I've told his mother 100% how I felt about her a couple of times and she's close to hearing it again. they condradict themselves so much!!

galore - Honestly I dont care, I said it to be sarcastic. If someone has a problem with what I post then just skip over my posts! dont open it!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by