1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

First incubating adventure!

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by francisfowl, Apr 28, 2016.

1. francisfowl

francisfowl New Egg

Mar 28, 2015
    I have some eggs that are due to hatch in about a week. I put a second batch off eggs in the incubator without thinking about the whole "lock down" process for the first set. They are about a week behind the first batch. Will the higher humidity hurt the second set of eggs if it is just for a few days?

2. BantamFan4Life

BantamFan4Life Water Under the Bridge Premium Member

Jun 15, 2012
    Washington
    Welcome to BYC! I'm glad you joined us! :)

3. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    I've never incubated eggs so I suggest you post your questions on one of the Incubation threads.

4. CTKen

CTKen Monkey business Premium Member

Jan 30, 2015
    Africa - near the equator
    Hi and welcome to BYC. Sadly, like DD, i have no experience in using incubators. You may wish to re-post your question in the "Incubating and hatching eggs" forum.

Good luck

CT

5. Chicken Egg 17

Chicken Egg 17 Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 11, 2015
    McVeytown PA

How did the hatch go sorry I wasn't here to help when you needed it I hope you found the help you needed though I have hatched and incubated quite a few times. And welcome to BYC!

6. francisfowl

francisfowl New Egg

Mar 28, 2015

Only three hatched[​IMG] I am thinking that maybe my humidity wasn't right. I would like to try again but I have a broody hen sitting in 9 eggs right now. I would be over run if I hatch any more[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by