first incubation ever!!!!

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by Bare bottom farm, Jan 27, 2011.

1. Bare bottom farm

Bare bottom farm Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 23, 2009
    White Pine
    [​IMG] Hi peeps... I can't stand it!!!!! [​IMG] I set the eggs on Jan 8th and counted from Jan 9th so This is there 19th day and I can't stand it!!!! [​IMG] I can't keep my hands off the incubator [​IMG] I just don't no what to do with my self... [​IMG] HOw in the world am I going to make till the little babies start to come out???????
    OK so now they can start to pip on Sat the 21st day?? then it gose from there right?? [​IMG]
    and tell me I don't need to open the batoe you don't need to open the bator they can hatch be them selfs..... [​IMG]
    I have already be in the incubator room 100 times today...... Will I get to see them rock around in there and stuff???? [​IMG]

OH Lordy [​IMG] going crazy

2. JustAChickenLittle&More

JustAChickenLittle&More Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 25, 2010
    Florida
    OK Barebottom, I know what your feeling. So, this is what you do, stay on the byc board until you just can't stand us anymore, or you fall asleep, whichever comes first. [​IMG] But keep those hands off the bator. [​IMG] I know how hard that is, believe me! Yes, sometimes you will see rock n rollin. Then a pip, thats when you really go nuts. [​IMG]

3. ginbart

ginbart Overrun With Chickens

Mar 9, 2008
    Bloomsburg, PA
    Quote:[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] I' not laughing at you, I'm laughing with you because I remember being you. Yes they should start to pip on Sat. But if they don't give them time and let me remind you, DO NOT OPEN THE BATOR, DO NOT OPEN THE BATOR. How's that. I've never seen my rock but a lot of people have I think my eyes are just bad. I hope you get to see your's rock and get lots of babies. How many do you have in the bator?>

Go watch TV or read a book. Good luck.

4. Bare bottom farm

Aug 23, 2009
    White Pine
    [​IMG] Hi peeps.. I have 35 in there... some polish, the rumpless Araucana, silkies with frizzel gene.. the some OE's... OH I can't wait... [​IMG]

5. CDennis

CDennis Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 1, 2009
    Idaho
    Quote:Think positive, this is my first hatch as well, set on the 7th and I woke up to fuzzy butts this morning! So far 4 out, 1-2 more have pipped. I have not opened my bator since lockdown on Monday and my humidity is right about 65%, you think you can't stay out of the room now...just wait till they start to hatch!

6. Bare bottom farm

Aug 23, 2009
    White Pine
    Quote:Think positive, this is my first hatch as well, set on the 7th and I woke up to fuzzy butts this morning! So far 4 out, 1-2 more have pipped. I have not opened my bator since lockdown on Monday and my humidity is right about 65%, you think you can't stay out of the room now...just wait till they start to hatch!

[​IMG] congrats!!!!! What kind so you have hatching? WOW WOW WOW fuzzy butts!!! [​IMG]

7. CDennis

Apr 1, 2009
    Idaho
    Some mutts, a bunch of BCM's hopefully, and a bunch of olive eggers.

8. HoglundH

HoglundH Chillin' With My Peeps

Stupid Question. What is a BCM Chicken?

9. Jessiewoodard57

Jessiewoodard57 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 2, 2010
    Bushnell, FL.
    Black copper maran

10. CDennis

Apr 1, 2009
    Idaho
    Quote:Not a stupid question at all! I wondered the same thing and look at me now I call them BCM's [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by