First incubation results - a few weeks old *PICS*

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by gryeyes, Sep 19, 2010.

1. gryeyes

gryeyes Covered in Pet Hair & Feathers

About a week after I hatched 5 little olive eggers, I needed to get more chick starter feed, so of course I went to the feed store. Newly hatched chicks in the brooder and I discover there are Black Jersey Giant and Light Brahma chicks there. These breeds have been on my "want" list. Oh well, 2 more chicks in the brooder will be just fine.

This is despite the two MORE sets of 7 eggs incubating in two Brinsea Mini Advance incubators, still.

Well, within a couple more weeks, they needed more brooder space, so I put together a brooder/coop kit on the back porch to clear up brooder space just ahead of those other two imminent hatches.

They were kinda scared, at first.

Here's the clump of chicks, the 5 olive eggers, the BJG and the LB. The latter two are a week younger than the former.

Using the nipple waterer.

Here are the two obvious roos.

I'll have to get some shots of them all lined up on the roost bar.
    Last edited: Sep 19, 2010
  2. Arcnadius

Arcnadius Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 1, 2010
    Western WI
    I love your roost bar design! I'm designing my brooder (in my head, for now) and was a little stumped on how to mount the roost, yet still make it easy to take apart later. Thanks for the inspiration.
  3. punky rooster

punky rooster Awesome

Jul 21, 2010
    [​IMG] great chicks !!!!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by