First incubation results - a few weeks old *PICS*

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by gryeyes, Sep 19, 2010.

1. gryeyes

gryeyes Covered in Pet Hair & Feathers

About a week after I hatched 5 little olive eggers, I needed to get more chick starter feed, so of course I went to the feed store. Newly hatched chicks in the brooder and I discover there are Black Jersey Giant and Light Brahma chicks there. These breeds have been on my "want" list. Oh well, 2 more chicks in the brooder will be just fine.

This is despite the two MORE sets of 7 eggs incubating in two Brinsea Mini Advance incubators, still.

Well, within a couple more weeks, they needed more brooder space, so I put together a brooder/coop kit on the back porch to clear up brooder space just ahead of those other two imminent hatches.

[​IMG]

They were kinda scared, at first.
    [​IMG]

Here's the clump of chicks, the 5 olive eggers, the BJG and the LB. The latter two are a week younger than the former.
    [​IMG]

Using the nipple waterer.
    [​IMG]

Here are the two obvious roos.
    [​IMG]

I'll have to get some shots of them all lined up on the roost bar.

Last edited: Sep 19, 2010
  2. Arcnadius

Arcnadius Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 1, 2010
    Western WI
    I love your roost bar design! I'm designing my brooder (in my head, for now) and was a little stumped on how to mount the roost, yet still make it easy to take apart later. Thanks for the inspiration.

3. punky rooster

punky rooster Awesome

Jul 21, 2010
    [​IMG] great chicks !!!!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by