First Incubation

triciam2011

In the Brooder
Feb 10, 2016
I just put my first clutch of eggs in my brand new bator. Hoping to have a hatch in 21 days. This will be my very first attept at incubation. Im nervous and scared that i will fail.. Will share pics through the process.

What are you hatching and what type of incubator? I did my first hatch last year with everyone for Easter. It was a lot of fun and so many people offered advice since I was new.

I just put my first clutch of eggs in my brand new bator. Hoping to have a hatch in 21 days. This will be my very first attept at incubation. Im nervous and scared that i will fail.. Will share pics through the process.
welcome-byc.gif

Good luck. If you have any questions, need any help give a shout! Plenty of people that enjoy helping and giving their opinion. What kind of bator are you using?

Its an xtremepower incubator. Holds 48 eggs. Ive only put in 10 eggs.
I have heard good things about that incubator. There is a YouTube video of a guy reviewing it and he had good results. If you want I can find it and post the link.

I have heard good things about that incubator. There is a YouTube video of a guy reviewing it and he had good results. If you want I can find it and post the link.
The Janoel which is the original version has pretty good ratings, the knock offs aren't quite as reliable, but many have had decent hatches in them.

Well day 13 is here. Just candled the eggs. All are doing well. Little flutters inside the eggs. We r getting super excited. Almost lock down time. The bator is doing well. Had a couple hiccups with the humidity and the turning tray but figured em all out so far. Im a little concerned that the olive eggs r so dark we cant candle them. Anyone else ever had this problem? Ive tried different levels of led flashlights. My hubs has 1 that is so bright u can see a mile or so down the road with it. But u cant see inside these eggs. We have 3 in the bator. We know the other 7 are coming along nicely.. Really hoping the white ones hatch bc we had a hawk attack killing my daughters hen. The white eggs were hers..crossing fingers on that.

Well day 13 is here. Just candled the eggs. All are doing well. Little flutters inside the eggs. We r getting super excited. Almost lock down time. The bator is doing well. Had a couple hiccups with the humidity and the turning tray but figured em all out so far. Im a little concerned that the olive eggs r so dark we cant candle them. Anyone else ever had this problem? Ive tried different levels of led flashlights. My hubs has 1 that is so bright u can see a mile or so down the road with it. But u cant see inside these eggs. We have 3 in the bator. We know the other 7 are coming along nicely.. Really hoping the white ones hatch bc we had a hawk attack killing my daughters hen. The white eggs were hers..crossing fingers on that.
fl.gif
on the eggs. My olive eggs I can't see into either. I can usually make out veining around the air cell in a spot or two which reassures me. As long as there is no smell, I just cross my fingers and hope for the best. lol

No smell thankfully but i cant see anything. Ill take a pic later and post it.. I didnt think they would be that dark..

Back
Top Bottom