first lambs of the year!

coonhoundmama87

Songster
8 Years
Oct 26, 2011
Wisconsin

My barbado ewe Eve decided to be first of the year this year on sunday and it just so happens she decided to have triplets!!! I'm overjoyed!
love.gif
I knew the day would come, this is her third year with lambs and the past 2 have both been twins. Third times the charm lol! Our ram was a triplet himself. There's 2 girls and a boy. They are so incredibly cute and Eve couldn't be a better mother! I'm in baby heaven!
celebrate.gif

Congratulations! Perfect babies and two doelings!
Did you witnessed the birth?
Was she having easy lambing?

I didn't witness the birth sadly, would have loved to have seen it! There was about a 4 hour span in the afternoon where I wasn't home, that's when she had them, go figure! This is actually the first day time lambing mine have had, they usually tend to go in the early morning hours. But I'm assuming it went easy since everything was done and settled when I found her but man was she exhausted and hungry! I could just go live with them for the next week and be happy as a clam, they are just adorable! The lighter colored girl (far right) is a little love, wants me to pet her. She's only ever had boys so I am VERY happy to have girls from her for once (we don't keep the rams). Look at me writing a book, ha! I'll stop now :)

Back
Top Bottom