Oh, those are washers. The ADOR1 is in a skinny wall next to the big people door, so the siding is narrow and you're seeing both sides of it where it's attached to the framing. My husband thought screws wouldn't hold it well enough, so I used washers too. It ended up looking kind of cool, I think!
Here are more pictures. The coop isn't done yet - I'm going to add an awning and cover the top of the run in hardware cloth. The hardware cloth "skirt" around the run isn't buried yet. Also, the roof isn't finished. It's going to have a pond liner on it, and a frame around it so it can hold dirt. Then we'll plant something on top (maybe hen & chicks, hee hee)!
I'm just using mis-tint paint from Ace and leftover paint from our house (we're haven't finished building it yet either!). I ran out of green, so I had to use some purple on the run. The stuff on the ground on the side of the run is metal roofing that is going to go on the awning (left over from the pole barn we built 8 years ago). The run is actually just hardware cloth all around - nothing solid.
Yes, I wasn't done with the cloth around the corners (I didn't think anyone would notice in the pictures!). I'm going to put extra pieces "sewn" onto the existing ones with galvanized wire. It'll be impenetrable! I hope...
The roof is supported by three 4x6 beams running lengthwise (which are in turn supported by the walls). The two side beams have grooves cut in them to fit on the studs, for extra stability. The roof planks are t&g 2x6s. I hope all that is enough to support wet dirt and snow. The stretch between the top beam and the side beams is about 3-1/2 feet.