first meat bird in the oven

Discussion in 'Meat Birds ETC' started by plester01, Jul 2, 2008.

1. plester01

plester01 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 23, 2007
    Foreman,AR
    Our first meat bird is now cooking in the over for tonights dinner. I wonder if my son (age 15) will give it a try. It looks pretty good to me.

2. Redfeathers

Redfeathers Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 11, 2007
    Gervais OR
    Enjoy! I really like how our meat birds taste. We did our first on the bbq and the second baked with garlic and lemon. YUMMY!

3. dangerouschicken

dangerouschicken Will Barter For Coffee

May 6, 2007
    Columbia Gorge, OR
    GREAT! [​IMG] Homegrown birds have SOOOO much more flavor, let me tell you. We can really taste the difference. The quality of meat can just knock your socks off. You know how store bought chicken can be sort of dry and bland? Homegrown has a real chicken flavor that is just missing in the other stuff. Wait until you taste it. YOU WILL FREAK!

Congrats!

4. plester01

Jul 23, 2007
    Foreman,AR
    This one is baked with lemon pepper only. My son does not know it is a fresh bird. He asked me when will it be done.

5. silkiechicken

silkiechicken Staff PhD Premium Member

Best of luck! mmmm good!

6. miss_jayne

miss_jayne Lady_Jayne

Jun 26, 2008
    Columbiaville, MI
    just ordered meat chicks; will be arriving in august and i cannot wait...keep us posted on how super yummy it was and congratulations!

7. plester01

Jul 23, 2007
    Foreman,AR
    my landlord raises chickens for Mar Jack and the ones that are left behind (too small) he gives away. We got 15 from him this time. A few weeks ago he had about 100 left. Did not get any of those due to space problems but if anyone near me ever wants any let me know. About every few months he has some that he needs to get rid of to make way for the new arrivals.

8. greyfields

greyfields Overrun With Chickens

Mar 15, 2007
    Washington State
    Real chicken!

9. plester01

Jul 23, 2007
    Foreman,AR
    real chickens.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by